More advanced administrative services and efficient operation of government
More jobs, giving vitality to regional economy
- MOI, a competent Ministry in charge of regional development runs ‘The Local Public Job Program’, offering customized jobs to meet the needs of socially disadvantaged groups.
- Job search for young professionals is supported by our Ministry in collaboration with local communities and businesses.
- MOI endeavors to create stable and market-oriented jobs through the support of grass-root village enterprises as well as social enterprises.
Giving more hope to small business operators
- ‘The Hope Dream Loan’, a financial support project has been launched by the Ministry to provide small business operators opportunities for further growth.
- We formulate policies related to the comprehensive management of local public service fees and local commodity price system.
Regional green growth initiatives
- Pedestrian-friendly, green roads are created utilizing the unique local historic and cultural resources.
- Our Ministry supports local governments to build green villages in order to promote energy saving and resource recycling.
- ‘Local Green Competitiveness Index’ has been established by MOI to accelerate regional green growth initiatives.
Bicycles as means of green transportation
- MOI in collaboration with local governments concentrate efforts on building scenic bicycle roads (127km) and urban bicycle roads around the country (2,175km).
- To promote bike riding, we plan to select 10 bicycle-hub cities and promote public bicycle systems in university campuses, as well as national bicycle festivals, and road safety campaigns.