HOME > National Administration> Smart e-Government
More advanced administrative services and efficient operation of government
Leading the world e-Government
- In charge of the entire Korean e-Government, MOI facilitates convenient, efficient, and transparent government to enhance citizens’ satisfaction and government productivity. MOI is constantly improving the Korean e-Government to provide better government services to the citizens in the face of rapid technology changes.
- MOI shares Korea’s experience and lessons learned with its international partners through various means including the Korean e-Government Experience Program, international forums/seminars, high-level dialogues, and an e-Government Cooperation Center.
Promoting Smart Administrative Services
- MOI provides different smart services to raise users’ convenience and satisfaction.
- Smart civil affairs service : Real-time reporting of inconveniences created in public places (e.g., road damage) to relevant government agencies with photographs taken from smartphones.
- Smart Security : In collaboration with the CCTV control tower, advanced response measures are taken for violent crimes and missing children.
- Smart Disaster Management : Real-time monitoring on disasters such as floods and landslides.
Smart administrative environment for improved efficiency
- Our Ministry has established the Smartwork Center in select regions, allowing long-distance commuters to work closer from their homes.
- Also, we plan on creating mobile offices using smartphones and tablet PCs.
- As part of our efforts, mobile device-based working method is already in operation for parking and food and sanitary inspections.